Sunday, July 21, 2013

Triumph in the Skies 2 Highlights!

Today's quote: " I am an Airplane, now right up in the sky, never so high..." - Francis Ng (Sam)

I have been watching Triumph in the Skies 2 (chinese title: 衝上雲霄 2) and the first five episodes was pretty interesting. Here's my very brief 'overall thoughts' / 'highlights' on the first 4 episodes :)

Before I go into the episodes and my highlights, I like to sum up where we left off from the very first installment. The installment was filmed 10 years ago! In the original installment, Zoe (Myolie Wu) and Sam Tong (Francis Ng) got married after receiving a very important surgery and she explains how the airport is a stage, etc.

Episode 1:

We are introduced to Issac (Ron Ng), Coco (Nancy Wu) and Roy (Kenneth Ma). They have been promoted to co-captain, I think. Roy has finally agreed to work for Skylette Airlines (previously they worked with Solar Airlines). In order to welcome him aboard, Cool Mort (Julian Cheung) and the rest of the cabin crew decided to play a trick. As a result, he fell for it. xD

Episode 2 - Episode 5:
I really like the scene where Holly mistakes Julian Cheung as her boyfriend and hugs him... it was a very cute scene. (: We also find out Zoe has passed away and Holly's mom adopted Zoe (the cute little White girl). I liked how they emphasized that Zoe and Sam (Francis Ng) clicked when they first met each other and how the little White girl occupied a bit of Francis's heart.. Probably due to the name resemblance. Now, some may say that Francis Ng's character is in a depression. I disagree. Before Zoe has passed away, Sam Tong (Francis Ng's role) made a promise to Zoe (Myolie Wu's role) that once he makes the 'most delicious cake', he will return to Hong Kong and resume his job as a pilot. I personally believe that Sam Tong stayed in London to fulfil that last promise. It also reminds me of that promise he made in the first installment, the promise that he will buy a chocolate in every location Sam Tong flies to :)

Near the end of episode 4 or 5 (don't remember which one), Sam Tong finally joins Skylette Airlines and has to re-certify his pilot certificate or something among those lines.

Overall- song selection wise.

I don't really like how they chose George Lam's song to be main theme song. The song & lyrics is fine on its own but the style of the song is quite old. Perhaps, if it was sung in a modern tone, it would been a lot better.

Mag Lam's song is okay too but not my favourite song for Triumph in the Skies 2. I really LIKE Raymond Lam's song: On my Way. ITS SOOO GOOD XD


Thanks for reading & have a nice day..
Note: I know that I have mixed up episodes up and I apologize. (:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment below! All comments will be moderated! Any rude or inappropriate comments will be deleted.