Monday, July 22, 2013

Personal life: Church.

Today's quote: “Your life may be messed and your foolishness may have put you into captivity but Jesus can do the whatever it is that is immeasurably more in your life.” - Louie Giglio

 I have gone to church all my life. But ever since church leadership has changed several years ago, the topic of leaving church has been ongoing inside my mind. It never truly left my mind. I really want to leave my church for several reasons.  Previously, I was able to shook it off because my sunday school class was interesting and the atmosphere was GREAT. But, sunday school for past several months has been a drag. I do appreciate the effort and the hard work everyone puts in, but I expected a bit more. I wanted to develop my faith into something more, something unexpected. That never happened. I was looking for guidance when my faith is weak and solutions to fix that. But sadly, we never got to that point.. There are times when I am doubting the existence of God and whatnot..

And every time there is a chance on missing church, I grasp on it because I am just bored and tired of listening to the same messages that aren't applicable. Not only do I feel bored and tired, I feel like I am wasting my own time when I could be doing something else. And sometimes, the sermons makes me confused about my beliefs. For example, I was always taught that believing/having faith was good enough.. Church has been emphasizing that we needed to do "good" works, believing and having faith.. :/

Anyways before I ramble on and on, let's stop there.
Thanks for reading & have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment below! All comments will be moderated! Any rude or inappropriate comments will be deleted.